Lust        Envy        Greed         Sloth        Gluttony        Pride        Wrath        Movie Reviews        Vinyl Wednesday        For Your Ears

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pride: Tea/Coffee Party Preview

As I'm sure some of you are aware, it's that time of the year again: 'tis the season for my semi-annual Tea and Coffee Party! This winter it will be held on Sunday, December 19th from 1pm - 5pm (drop by anytime). If you're really serious about attending I will give you my new address. This marks the 6th annual Winter Tea/Coffee Party, and the 12th semi-annual Tea/Coffee Party... I'm getting pretty serious about bouquets, TGFOPs and boldness now. This winter's "theme" is INDIA; below is a preview.

From Nectar: Fine Teas on Wellington Street in Ottawa comes a White tea from India: Assam Silver Needle. White and Green teas from India are pretty rare, the majority of tea estates in this region produce Black teas. The leaves are slightly rolled into tubes and the flavour is very subtle, but clear and refreshing (almost like a green tea). It was interesting to watch steep because the leaves were tightly rolled when the water was first poured over top and they floated up on the surface, but as the leaves softened, the air was released and they slowly sank to the bottom of the cup one by one like a little tea ballet.



2 comments:

  1. This tea sounds fantantic! Can't wait to try it and anything else you will be offering :)I am VERY serious about your annual tea party and will be attending...but....I know where you live (muah ha ha ha) so no address telling needed :P

    I am Anonymously Irene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo excited for my first Mama Janni Tea Party!!!

    Though I'm not a tea person, I will try as much as you put in front of me1

    Ben :D

    ReplyDelete