Lust        Envy        Greed         Sloth        Gluttony        Pride        Wrath        Movie Reviews        Vinyl Wednesday        For Your Ears

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gluttony: Happy Chanukah with Challah!

So I just made my first two loaves of bread!! I was researching Chanukah this time around (I celebrated it last year, but we didn't really know all of the traditions behind it so we played with a dreidel and ate some sweets), and found some recipes for tonight's dinner. So far on the menu we have potato latkes, roasted chicken and cherry cheese blintzes. Among these was a recipe for Challah, of which I had never heard of before. Turns out I've eaten this bread many times (now that I've tasted my own!) and I was determined to make it even though I've never baked bread before on my own. Here are a couple of photos from my adventure:







This is the recipe I used: Miriam's Not-So-Secret Challah from allrecipes.com
Awesome... Happy Chanukah!

1 comment:

  1. Janni, they look WONDERFUL!!!! I hope they tasted as good as they look :)It kind of looks like the bread that we eat around Easter time called Tsouraiki. Great job and colour as well!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete