Lust        Envy        Greed         Sloth        Gluttony        Pride        Wrath        Movie Reviews        Vinyl Wednesday        For Your Ears

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Gluttony: FOOD

I'm a Foodie, and I've been cooking and baking a lot recently; mainly to freeze and have meals that can be prepared quickly by reheating. I find it's also easier to get more for your money if you cook the food you buy right away (no chance of it rotting) and I can budget better when I know exactly what I need for specific meals.

Observe:


Irene and I made an apple pie! Note: peel the apples.

Tonight for dinner we had a Graduation Feast, and paired all the following goodness with a nice white wine from Pelee Island.


Baguette with thinly sliced pear, old cheddar cheese and prosciutto; oven-broiled to perfection (slightly toasted, soft pear, melting cheese and warm prosciutto!)


Grilled chicken (Rosemary with Peach Chardonnay Zest that also has garlic and acts as an olive oil mixture), steamed asparagus and spinach with thinly sliced apple, pear and old cheddar cheese and very little balsamic vinegar and olive oil.


Vanilla gelato with thinly sliced pear, Italian Anise cookie and pear coulis (pear pureed with honey and a little bit of water).

DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment